The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, supports and encourages location filming on the Museum’s premises. If you are shooting a film, documentary, interview, or student production, you must obtain permission from MFA Images to proceed. To submit a request, complete our Location Filming and Photography form, and return it to MFA Images via fax or mail. The following information is required for processing the request:
- Synopsis of project
- Galleries and/or objects to be filmed
- Number of crew members, names & titles
- Equipment list including any electrical requirements
- Possible dates (3-week minimum notice)
- Length of time required for filming including set-up/break-down
- If sound recording is included
- The MFA is committed to the protection of all artwork and gallery conditions, which may prevent us from permitting certain activities. All requests are subject to MFA Images approval.
- A certificate of liability insurance with the MFA listed as additionally insured is required prior to any filming/photography activities.
- Requests in person for same-day filming or photography will not be granted.