Ôtsu: Hashirii Teahouse (Ôtsu, Hashirii chaya), first state, from the series Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô Road (Tôkaidô gojûsan tsugi no uchi), also known as the First Tôkaidô or Great Tôkaidô
「東海道五十三次之内 大津 走井茶屋」
Ukiyo-e shûka 14 (1981), Hiroshige list, p. 245, horizontal ôban #55.54
Horizontal ôban; 24.6 x 36.7 cm (9 11/16 x 14 7/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Woodblock print (nishiki-e); ink and color on paper
Not On View
No. 54 in the series, first state (with background mountain).
First state: 11.23108, 21.5084, 21.5085
Second state: 06.1494, 11.17268, 11.17269, *11.38860 (deaccessioned in 2012), *11.45565 (deaccessioned in 2012), 2009.2411.54
Censor's seal: kiwame
February 1913, purchased by William S. and John T. Spaulding from J. Clarence Webster; December 1, 1921, given by William S. and John T. Spaulding to the Museum.
William S. and John T. Spaulding Collection