Amulet of the head of Hathor
New Kingdom, Dynasty 18
Findspot: Egypt, Deir el-Bahri
Height x width: 1.4 x 1 cm (9/16 x 3/8 in.)
Not On View
Small rectangular plaque, with head of Hathor on one side, with long locks at sides, curling at bottom. On the other side inscription as in sketch. The glaze is green, and the piece is pierced lengthwise for suspension.
From Deir el-Bahari. 1906: excavated by W.F. Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund; assigned to the Egypt Exploration Fund by the government of Egypt; given to the MFA by the Egypt Exploration Fund.
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription