Place of Origin: Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama
1.6 x 1.2 cm (5/8 x 1/2 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Cast gold bell, clapper missing. Geometric motifs decorate the top of the bell surrounding its suspension ring.
Excavated in the Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama, after 1930; by 1950 in a Private Collection, San José, Costa Rica; to Paul Pasher, New York, between 1950 and 1955 and kept with Manuel Miranda Pinto, San Salvador, El Salvador; brought to the United States, April 1970 and sold to the Edward H. Merrin Gallery, New York; to the MFA, December 1971, purchase.
Gift of Landon T. Clay