Object Place: Pasadena, California, United States
52.1 x 115.6 x 31.8 cm (20 1/2 x 45 1/2 x 12 1/2 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Rectangular mahogany bench with slightly overhanging top, supported by four legs terminating in button feet; scrolled brackets at end rails and at knees of side rails; top joined with a continuous ebony spline, fastened with inset screws capped with ebony pegs
1907, made for the Robert R. Blacker house, Pasadena, California; late 1940s, acquired by a private collector (probably Richard C.E. Anderson) when the contents of that house were dispersed at a yard sale; by descent to Richard and Wendy Anderson, Bristol, Rhode Island; 1982, purchased from the Andersons by the MFA (Accession date: September 15, 1982).
Harriet Otis Cruft Fund