Chest of drawers
Attributed to Langley Boardman (1774–1833)
Overall: 90.2 x 110.5 x 56.5 cm (35 1/2 x 43 1/2 x 22 1/4 in.)
Medium or Technique
Mahogany, mahogany veneer, eastern white pine
Not On View
Stamped "C. HARDY" (or parts thereof) at least fifteen times on back and interior of the drawers.
Drawer blades and drawer backs marked in red pencil 1 through 4.
Presumably owned originally by a Portsmouth-area resident named C. Hardy, possibly Charles Hardy, a tailor with a house on Parker Lane and a shop at the corner of High and Ladd streets in the tax lists ca. 1807-20; later history unknown until acquired by the donors; given to the Museum in 1986 (Accession Date October 9, 1986)
Gift of Miss Aimée and Miss Rosamond Lamb