Deaccessioned February 26, 2015
Formerly attributed to Henry Hobson Richardson (American, 1838–1886)
Object Place: Massachusetts, United States
105.4 x 194.3 x 47.0 cm (41 1/2 x 76 1/2 x 18 1/2 in.)
Medium or Technique
Straight-backed church pew with wing sides curving down to rounded arms and protruding base; a loose upholstered cushion covers the seat; a plaque attached to each arm is stamped with a number; a rack for hymnals and communion cups is attached to the back.
Two silver-colored metal plaques affixed to the arms. Proper right reads "113." Proper left reads "35."
Used in the Immanuel Baptist Church, Newton Corners, Massachusetts; purchased by the Museum in 1972 (Accession Date September 13, 1972). February 26, 2015, deaccessioned by the MFA for sale through Northeast Auctions, Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
Samuel Putnam Avery Fund