Obverse: Bust of Berenike II right, wearing necklace and veil over back of head. Border of dots.
Reverse: Cornucopia filled with fruits, bound with fillet with fringed ends, between two six-pointed stars.
In field between cornucopia and fillet ends: E [inscription].
Inscription around. (See media screen for Greek Inscriptions.)
Border of dots.
Dekadrachm of Kingdom of Egypt with bust of Berenike II, struck under Ptolemy III
- Greek, Hellenistic Period, about 234–221 B.C.
- Alexandria, Egypt (Kingdom)
- Diameter: 35 mm. Weight: 42.73 gm.
- Medium or Technique
- Catalogue Raisonné
- Brett, Greek Coins (MFA), no. 2277.
- Accession Number
- On view
- Michael C. Ruettgers Gallery of Ancient Coins - 212C