Eye of Horus (wedjat) amulet
Late Period, Dynasty 26–30
Other: 1.9 x 1.7 cm (3/4 x 11/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Bright greenish-blue glaze, purple brows and pupils, eye on both sides.
From Tanis (San el-Hagar), cemetery of Tel Snailin. 1884: excavated by William Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund; assigned to the Egypt Exploration Fund in the division of finds by the government of Egypt; October 28, 1885: presented to the MFA at EEF general meeting.
(Accession Date: March 1, 1885)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription