Eye of Horus (wedjat) amulet
Late Period, Dynasty 26–30
Other: 2 x 2 cm (13/16 x 13/16 in.)
Not On View
Sacred eye on one side, standing figure on Hathor on other. Light green glaze.
From Tanis (San el-Hagar), cemetery of Tel Snailin. 1884: excavated by William Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund; assigned to the Egypt Exploration Fund in the division of finds by the government of Egypt; October 28, 1885: presented to the MFA at EEF general meeting.
(Accession Date: March 1, 1885)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription