Requires Photography

Four way capital of a pillar

Indian
Early 18th century


Object Place: Madras, From Comte de Lally's house

Dimensions

Legacy dimension: .389 x .376 x .107

Accession Number

21.1474

Medium or Technique

Wood

Not On View

Collections

Asia

Classifications

Sculpture

Provenance

1921, gift of the Government Museum, Madras, to the MFA. (Accession Date: August 4, 1921)

Note: this was part of a set of 65 objects which were gifted to the MFA by the Government Museum.

Credit Line

Gift of the Government Museum, Madras