Fragments of a handle
Mint: Roman, House of the rings, Tanis
Overall: 1.8 x 1.2 x 9 cm (11/16 x 1/2 x 3 9/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Two fragments of a handle. Bone, discolored a yellow brown; cylindrical with a concave ring at end.
From Tanis (San el-Hagar), the house of the ring. 1884: excavated by William Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund; assigned to the Egypt Exploration Fund in the division of finds by the government of Egypt; October 28, 1885: presented to the MFA at EEF general meeting.
(Accession Date: January 1, 1886)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription