Place of Origin: Magdalena Department, Colombia, Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta region
0.9 x 1.7 cm (3/8 x 11/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Gold and copper alloy
Not On View
Geometric anthropomorphic form with incised decoration. Ring on back allows for stringing on a necklace. One of a group of alloy pendants (1971.813-1971.817).
Excavated in the Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama, after 1930; by 1950 in a Private Collection, San José, Costa Rica; to Paul Pasher, New York, between 1950 and 1955 and kept with Manuel Miranda Pinto, San Salvador, El Salvador; brought to the United States, April 1970 and sold to the Edward H. Merrin Gallery, New York; to the MFA, December 1971, purchase.
Gift of Landon T. Clay