Head of a sistrum
Roman Imperial Period
30 B.C.–A.D 364
Overall: 2.5 x 6.4 cm (1 x 2 1/2 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Pale blue glaze, much worn; three holes in each side. From Tanis.
From Tanis (San el-Hagar). 1884: excavated by William Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund; assigned to the Egypt Exploration Fund in the division of finds by the government of Egypt; October 28, 1885: presented to the MFA at EEF general meeting.
(Accession Date: January 1, 1886)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription