Hodogaya: Shinmachi Bridge (Hodogaya, Shinmachi-bashi), from the series Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô Road (Tôkaidô gojûsan tsugi no uchi), also known as the First Tôkaidô or Great Tôkaidô
「東海道五十三次之内 保土ヶ谷 新町橋」
Ukiyo-e shûka 14 (1981), Hiroshige list, p. 245, horizontal ôban #55.05
Horizontal ôban; 25 x 37.8 cm (9 13/16 x 14 7/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Woodblock print (nishiki-e); ink and color on paper
Not On View
No. 05 in the series; co-published by Hôeidô and Senkakudô.
MFA impressions: *11.17296 (creped; deaccessioned in 2012), 11.23083, 11.26101, 11.30187, 11.38933, 11.38934, 21.5003, 21.5004, 21.5005, 1989.676, 2009.2411.5
Censor's seal: kiwame
February 1913, purchased by William S. and John T. Spaulding from J. Clarence Webster; December 1, 1921, given by William S. and John T. Spaulding to the Museum.
William S. and John T. Spaulding Collection