Inscribed corner fragment of a statue
Findspot: Nubia (Sudan), Kerma, K III 6(1)
Overall: 5.8 x 8.3 x 3 cm (2 5/16 x 3 1/4 x 1 3/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
This is the right hand side of a base of a statue with columns of inscription on the top and the side. Remains of area where foot once joined the base are visible on top of base. The stone is black granodiorite, the break areas look almost melted (often with large pink feldspar veins or inclusions). GD4.
From Nubia (Sudan), Kerma, K XIX grave K 1900 debris in the southwest corner. 1914: Excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA by the government of Sudan.
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition