5th–4th century B.C.
Place of Manufacture: Greece, Attica, Athens
Overall: 26.2 x 9 x 5 cm (10 5/16 x 3 9/16 x 1 15/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Terracotta doll with jointed limbs. The arms are movable at the shoulders and the doll’s jegs are attached at the knee joint. Each hand holds a pair of krotala; part of those in the left hand are gone. This doll appears to be clothed. The figure is split down each side.
Dolls holding krotala are likely meant to represent dancers.
By 1901: with E. P. Warren; purchased by MFA from E. P. Warren, December 1901
Museum purchase with funds donated by contribution