Kawasaki: The Rokugô Ferry (Kawasaki, Rokugô watashibune), second version, from the series Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô Road (Tôkaidô gojûsan tsugi no uchi), also known as the First Tôkaidô or Great Tôkaidô
「東海道五十三次之内 川崎 六郷渡船」
Ukiyo-e shûka 14 (1981), Hiroshige list, p. 245, horizontal ôban #55.03
Horizontal ôban; 24.5 x 35.6 cm (9 5/8 x 14 in.)
Medium or Technique
Woodblock print (nishiki-e); ink and color on paper
Not On View
No. 03 in the series, second version; published by Hôeidô alone.
First version: 06.1342, 11.2154, 11.23081, 11.30186, 11.38937, 11.41823, 21.5092, 21.5095, 2009.2411.3; deaccessioned in 2012: *11.17431 (creped)
Second version: 11.26099, 21.5093, 21.5094; deaccessioned in 2012: *11.17419, *11.17420, *11.17421
Censor's seal: (kiwame; in left margin, cut off of this impression)
Formerly in the collection of Arthur Davison Ficke; February 10, 1920, purchased by William S. and John T. Spaulding at the Ficke sale (lot 412); December 1, 1921, given by William S. and John T. Spaulding to the Museum.
William S. and John T. Spaulding Collection