Kuwana: Shichiri Crossing (Kuwana, Shichiri watashiguchi), from the series Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô (Tôkaidô gojûsan tsugi no uchi), also known as the First Tôkaidô or Great Tôkaidô
「東海道五十三次之内 桑名 七里渡口」
Ukiyo-e shûka 14 (1981), Hiroshige list, p. 245, horizontal ôban #55.43
Horizontal ôban; 24.5 x 34.6 cm (9 5/8 x 13 5/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Woodblock print (nishiki-e); ink and color on paper
Not On View
No. 43 in the series.
MFA impressions: 06.500, *11.17428 (deaccessioned in 2012), 11.23100, 11.30197, 11.30378, 11.41816, 11.41837, 21.5069, 2009.2411.43
Censor's seal: (kiwame; in left margin, cut off of this impression)
Formerly in the de Goncourt collection; November 1916, purchased by William S. and John T. Spaulding at the Metzgar sale (lot 143); December 1, 1921, given by William S. and John T. Spaulding to the Museum.
William S. and John T. Spaulding Collection