Marked by Jean-Nicolas Picart (Master, 1682; died 1747)
Object Place: Europe, Paris, France
5.4 x 25.15 x 32.8 cm (2 1/8 x 9 7/8 x 12 15/16 in.); Weight 25.1 oz.
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Oval basin, fluted, with 16-lobed concave edge. Molded border with an outer band of gadroons.
Inscribed on underside "186". Engraved coat of arms in center of bottom [Earl's coronet ?]
Maker's Mark: illegible [a crowned fleur-de-lys, one of two grains, a square motif, the initial P ?]: bottom rim; Warden's Mark: 1705-06, a crowned M (Dennis 328): Under rim on lower edge; CHarge Mark: 1704-1712, an A encricled by acrown [Etienne Baligny] (Dennis 27): under rim on lower edge; Discharge Mark : ?, probably a fly, verification mark used as a discharge mark, Paris, 1704-1712 (Dennis 277): right edge. Other: Illegible [Counter- ?]mark, right rim. Unknown mark: an N with a fleur-de-lys above and a dot below: bottom rim.
1951, purchased by Elizabeth Parke Firestone (1897-1990) and Harvey S. Firestone, Jr. (1898-1973), Akron, OH and Newport, RI; 1993; gift of the Estate of Elizabeth Parke Firestone and Harvey S. Firestone, Jr. (Accession date: May 26, 1993)
Elizabeth Parke Firestone and Harvey S. Firestone, Jr. Collection