Requires Photography

Pair of four-panel screens

designed about 1946
Designed by Charles Eames (American, 1907–1978), Designed by Ray Eames (American, 1912–1988), Manufactured by Herman Miller Furniture Company (active 1923–present)


Object Place: Zeeland, Michigan

Dimensions

Each panel: 172.7 x 101.6 cm (68 x 40 in.)

Accession Number

2010.27.1-2

Medium or Technique

Molded plywood, walnut veneer, webbing

Not On View

Collections

Americas

Classifications

Furniture

Provenance

History of Ownership: Early history unknown; at an unknown date, owned by Howard Gilman, New York, New York; given by Gilman to Charlie Millhouse; owned by Natalie Moody; by January 2010, Mark McDonald, 330 Gallery, Hudson, NY; 2010, purchased from McDonald by the MFA. (Accession Date: February 24, 2010)

Credit Line

Museum purchase with funds donated by The Karolik Society, Mr. James G. Hinkle, Jr. and Mr. Roy Hammer, Grace and Floyd Lee Bell Fund, J. Parker Prindle, and Mrs. Elizabeth L. Clark

Copyright

Used with permission. Herman Miller, Inc.® Eames®