Patent of nobility
Object Place: Europe, Austria
22 cm (8 11/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Patent of nobility conferred by Ferdinand III upon Christoph Leopold Schubert. Illuminated coat-of-arms which were conferred and the wax seal of Ferdinand III. Red velvet cover.
By 1889, presumably inherited from her husband by Mrs. T.F. Richardson, Washington, D.C. [see note 1]; April 5, 1932, inherited by her daughter, Mrs. Charles J. White [see note 2]; by 1961, inherited by her husband Dr. Charles J. White, Boston, MA; 1961, gift of Dr. Charles J. White. (Accession date: April 12, 1961)
 From December 6, 1889, this object was lent to the MFA by the Mrs. T. F. Richardson as the property of "the late T.F. Richardson" (MFA Loan 1341).  In 1932, the loan to the museum was transferred to Mrs. Charles J. White (MFA Loan No. 84.32).
Gift of Dr. Charles J. White