Object Place: Gardner, Massachusetts, United States
2 x 21 cm (13/16 x 8 1/4 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
The deep-bottomed plate has an upward curved border and a chased wavelike pattern on the rim.
“TO / AJS AND EBS / 1896 – 1921 / THE GIFT OF / HERBERT A TAYLOR” engraved on bottom.
“Stone [with profile of incuse chasing hammer stamped across St] / STERLING / T” struck on bottom.
Given to Arthur and Elizabeth Stone by Herbert A. Taylor, foreman of the Stone silver shop in 1921, on their twenty-fifth anniversary. From the Arthur and Elizabeth Bent Stone estate to their companion Annie E. Priest; by descent to Stone’s cousin Alma Bent, from whom the Museum purchased the piece.
Seth K. Sweetser Fund