Scepter effigy with adornments
Object Place: Departments of Cundinamarca and Boyacá, Colombia
Overall: 6 x 2.4 cm (2 3/8 x 15/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Gold and copper alloy
Not On View
Scepter effigy with decorated end composed of loops of wire. A triangular pennant-like form and two smaller trapezoidal adornments are attached to the scepter by two rings.
Collected by Joaquin Arciniégas, Colombia, by March 1, 1906 (to San José, Costa Rica by May 23, 1908; to San Salvador, El Salvador by June 19, 1916); sold to Doctor Daniel Villatoro Rugama, San Salvador, El Salvador, August 6, 1929; sold to Oliverio Girondo, Paris, January 10, 1930 (to Argentina probably after 1946); with Leon Buki, Buenos Aires, Argentina by January 2, 1975; with Alphonse Jax, New York, by February 1975; to Landon T. Clay, Boston; to MFA, March 12, 1975, gift.
Gift of Landon T. Clay