Place of Origin: Departments of Cundinamarca and Boyacá, Colombia
5.3 x 0.7 cm (2 1/16 x 1/4 in.)
Medium or Technique
Copper and gold alloy
Not On View
Serpent effigy whose undulating body is decorated with twisted wire. Its tongue protrudes from its open mouth.
Collected by Joaquin Arciniégas, Colombia, by March 1, 1906 (to San José, Costa Rica by May 23, 1908; to San Salvador, El Salvador by June 19, 1916); sold to Doctor Daniel Villatoro Rugama, San Salvador, El Salvador, August 6, 1929; sold to Oliverio Girondo, Paris, January 10, 1930 (to Argentina probably after 1946); with Leon Buki, Buenos Aires, Argentina by January 2, 1975; with Alphonse Jax, New York, by February 1975; to Landon T. Clay, Boston; to MFA, March 12, 1975, gift.
Gift of Landon T. Clay