Place of Origin: Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama
1.5 x 1.7 cm (9/16 x 11/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Fragment of one of 15 shark’s teeth (see 1971.832a-o). No perforations for suspension or other obvious evidence for use as body adornment.
Excavated in the Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama, after 1930; by 1950 in a Private Collection, San José, Costa Rica; to Paul Pasher, New York, between 1950 and 1955 and kept with Manuel Miranda Pinto, San Salvador, El Salvador; brought to the United States, April 1970 and sold to the Edward H. Merrin Gallery, New York; to the MFA, December 1971, purchase.
Gift of Landon T. Clay