Object Place: Boston (?), Massachusetts, United States
Overall: 85.7 x 52.4 x 45.4 cm (33 3/4 x 20 5/8 x 17 7/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
"VIIII" incised on front rail.
By tradition, owned originally by the Rev. Nathaniel Appleton (1693-1784), Cambridge, Mass., and his wife, Margaret Gibbs Appleton (1699-1771); by descent to Charles John Appleton (1795-1843) and his wife Sophia Haven, marrried in 1835; by descent to John Appleton (1759-1829) and his wife, Mary Whitbread; by descent to Sarah Fayerweather Appleton (1839-1933) and her husband, Charles Ammi Cutter; by descent to Louis F. Cutter (1864-1945) and his wife Mary Osgood; by descent to Caroline Cutter Harris (b. ca. 1906) and her husband, Maynard L. Harris; October 29, 1968, lent by Mr. and Mrs. Maynard L. Harris; 1972; gift of Mr. and Mrs. Maynard L. Harris in memory of Mrs. Harris's grandmother, Sarah Fayerweather Appleton (Accession Date March 8, 1972)
Gift of Mr.and Mrs. Maynard L. Harris, in memory of Mrs. Harris' grandmother, Sarah Fayerweather Appleton