Object Place: Possibly England
1.2 x 11.7 cm (1/2 x 4 5/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Traditional-shaped tuning fork of steel pitched at A=430 cps.
By 1829, William Day, a deacon and double-bass player for the meeting house [where he used the tuning fork as a pitch standard], Bradford (Essex County), Massachusetts; by descent to his great-grandson, Earl Day Brown (1892-1980), Gilmanton, New Hampshire; acquired from Brown by Harold Priest, Kennebunk, Maine; gift of Priest to the MFA. (Accession Date: June 26, 2002)
Gift of Harold Priest