Upper half of a djed pillar amulet

Egyptian
New Kingdom
1550–1070 B.C.


Findspot: Egypt, Giza, Street G 7000, Debris East of Pyramid IB

Dimensions

Length: 2.5 cm (1 in.)

Accession Number

24.2436

Medium or Technique

Faience

Not On View

Collections

Jewelry, The Ancient World

Classifications

Amulets

The djed pillar, representing the backbone of the god Osiris, was the hieroglyphic symbol for stability. This amulet was originally found in two pieces, now rejoined. the bottom half is 24.2436.

Provenance

From Giza, Street G 7000, Debris East of Pyramid IB. 1924: excavated by the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt.

Credit Line

Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition