View of the Bridge, now called "Quattro Capi," formerly of Fabricius
Important Monuments of the Ruins of Roman Antiquity, Taken from Life (often called The Large Book of Ruins), plate Z
Hieronymus Cock (Netherlandish, 1510–1570)
Hollstein (Dutch and Netherlandish, vol. IV) 46; Riggs 25
Sheet: 22.5 x 325 cm (8 7/8 x 127 15/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
In plate, upper left: PONTIS, NVNC QVATVOR CAPITVM, OLIM FABRICII, PROSPECTVS,; upper right: • Z •
In plate, lower right, in reverse: H . COCK . F. 1550 .
No watermark; verso, MFA stamp, with accession number in graphite: 59.376
June 9, 1959, purchased from Craddock & Barnard (dealers), London, by the MFA.
William A. Sargent Fund