Watch in shape of two hearts
Object Place: Europe, Switzerland
Medium or Technique
Not On View
In the shape of a double heart transfixed with an arrow. Both sides open and are the same, except for the different ends of the arrow; main body of brick red enamelled and covered with fine curved lines; a border around of pale blue lines with a row of very fine pearls between. Across each side a garland of green laurel leaves, the berries being clusters of three pearls each (one pearl is missing). Inside plain gold; the face deep prussian blue enamel, lined. The figures in pale blue on a black band. A small gold linked chain for supension. With Key 90.148b
Misses Delano [see note 1]; 1890, gift of the Misses Delano to the MFA.
 According to donor the watch is a relic of the Hartt family of Boston and finally have come down to the third generation, to the Misses Delano of Norwell (formerly known as the South Scituate), whose mother was a daughter of Edmund Hartt, who built the "Constitution" and the Frigate "Boston."
Gift of the Misses Delano