Findspot: Egypt, San-el-Hagar (Tanis)
Overall: 10.3 x 5.4 cm (4 1/16 x 2 1/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Light-red clay weight with blunt point; surface worn and battered; pierced laterally at upper extent for suspension.
From Tanis (San el-Hagar). 1884: excavated by William Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund; assigned to the Egypt Exploration Fund in the division of finds by the government of Egypt; October 28, 1885: presented to the MFA at EEF general meeting.
(Accession Date: January 1, 1886)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription