Place of Origin: Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama
Overall: 4.2 x 12.2 cm (1 5/8 x 4 13/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Ancient South America Gallery (Gallery LG33)
Hammered gold wedge with three sets of four tiny perforation holes for tying together as a collar-like necklace or similar kind of body adornment. One of twenty-five (see 1971.1092-1971.1116).
Excavated in the Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama, after 1930; by 1950 in a Private Collection, San José, Costa Rica; to Paul Pasher, New York, between 1950 and 1955 and kept with Manuel Miranda Pinto, San Salvador, El Salvador; brought to the United States, April 1970 and sold to the Edward H. Merrin Gallery, New York; to the MFA, December 1971, purchase.
Gift of Landon T. Clay