Object Place: Europe, Bayreuth, Germany
36.2 x 25.4 cm (14 1/4 x 10 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Tall hexagonal vessel with faceted curving spout near shoulder; spout has cover hinged on side. molded domed lid with large loop handle on top. Below spout is engraved date 1749, the pastoral lamb and inscription; two flanking panels engraved “Anna Barbara Osterriederin” (left) and “Johann Georg Osterrieder”. Central inscription alludes to a communion flagon presented to Johannn by Anna Barbara.
Bequest of Katharine Lane Weems