The Admissions Coordinator at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts (SMFA) will be responsible for coordinating Admissions application systems and reporting, while performing a wide variety of duties for the Admissions office and the professional recruiting staff.
Essential functions include:
- data entry of Admissions applications for all programs at the SMFA;
- responsible for data tracking students throughout the admissions process and generating data and reports for management;
- edit and coordinate all decision letter mailings;
- facilitate input of student data, tracking, scheduling and production of reports, including lists of accepted students, 'deposited' and 'deferred' applicants;
- assist with phone calls, greeting guests and scheduling of admissions interviews;
- maintain office filing systems, correspondence, and monitor completion of applicant files;
- correspond with applicants by phone or e-mail regarding their applications;
- complete student worker payment paperwork;
- assist with on and off-campus recruiting events.
Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of office experience required. Additional qualifications include: familiarity with databases and reporting tools; proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel; ability to work both in a team environment and on independent projects; demonstrated ability to learn and quickly become proficient with a variety of databases; detail-oriented with strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills; comfortable speaking with students and parents about complex programs and processes.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit your materials via postal mail to: Human Resources Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
May 21, 2014
SMFA - Admissions