Part of the MFA’s External Relations Division, the Annual Programs team oversees the Museum’s highest level annual membership programs: the Patron Program and Museum Council. The 850 households of the Patron Program represent a vital source of unrestricted operating support for the MFA, raising more than $6.5 million per year to support the Museum’s annual budget. As Boston’s most prestigious young donor group, the Museum Council consists of over 350 households of young art enthusiasts, aged 21-49. The Museum Council contributes over $500,000 in annual operating support. In coordination with the MFA’s Special Events staff, the Annual Programs team works to develop, plan, and execute high-quality cultural events and to provide special access for members of these esteemed programs.
The Fall 2016 Annual Programs intern will receive a thorough introduction to annual giving, with particular emphasis on donor events and engagement opportunities. The selected intern will develop a rich understanding of elevated membership programs and benefit from opportunities, such as: event planning and execution, exposure to MFA donors, educational enrichment opportunities, and collaboration with MFA staff within External Relations and across the Museum.
The intern will assist Annual Programs staff with all aspects of event preparation and implementation, including: preparing and ensuring the accuracy of event guest lists, creating name tags, place cards and table tents, completing mailings of invitations and related correspondence, and providing on site event assistance. The Annual Programs intern should be available one to two evenings per week.
For more information on the Patron Program and the Museum Council, visit http://www.mfa.org/membership.
- Assist in the daily tasks of the Annual Programs team, including assembly of mailings, filing, event preparation, database maintenance, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Update benchmarking data on comparable donor groups at other arts non-profits.
- Provide administrative support at donor events for the Patron Program and Museum Council.
- Assist Annual Programs staff in hosting events (approximately one to two weekday evening events per week) Duties include preparing evening programs, welcoming and checking in guests, and preparing a finalized attendance report after each event.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college
- Strong interest in Development and Events
- Ability to commit to 10-15 hours per week (including 1-2 evenings), for 12 weeks beginning in mid-September. Key dates include: Saturday, October 1st; Sunday, October 23rd; and Monday, November 7th
- Demonstrated poise and professionalism while representing the MFA at donor events
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Flexibility and reliability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Previous office experience and exposure to events, art history, museum studies or similar field preferred
- Ability to attend orientation on Sat, Sept 17, (9:30 a.m. to 12 noon)
10.00 - 15.00 hours per week
To be determined, including 1-2 evenings per week. Daytime schedule flexible within M-F, 10a-5p
November 18, 2010