Under the general direction of the Director of Creative and Interactive Media, the Associate Editor is responsible for writing, editing, and copyediting for accuracy many of the Museum's external communications which include MFA Preview magazine, the website mfa.org, print collateral, and advertising. Responsibilities also include editorial oversight of the Museum’s event calendars in both print and digital formats. The Associate Editor writes and edits copy for print publications produced by the Creative department and other areas of Communications.
Must handle multiple projects and adhere to strict production schedules. Must communicate frequently with staff members from a variety of departments: educators, curators, development officers, writers, etc. Responsible for project managing select print and digital projects through all stages of production.
- Receive information, ideas, requests, and written and verbal instruction from supervisors.
- Assemble material for MFA Preview magazine per direction of managing editor.
- Compile, edit, and proofread event calendars for MFA Preview magazine and the website, mfa.org.
- Review draft content for website and approve for publication.
- Write, compile, and edit new content for website.
- Proofreading and fact-checking all assigned publications. Responsible for providing clean copy to designers at every stage of production.
- Review and proofread institutional e-mails.
- Edit and proofread monthly MFA Film Calendar.
- Write, review, and edit content for mobile MFA Guide.
- Compile, edit, and traffic the museum’s online annual report.
- Develop and maintain style sheets for digital and print publications.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree and general knowledge of art and art history
- 3-6 years of experience
- Excellent command of style, grammar, and punctuation and Chicago Manual of Style
- Fluency with Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Familiarity with HTML and website content management systems
- Familiarity with InDesign and PhotoShop for image editing
- Knowledge of best practices for web writing, internet research, and social media
35.00 hours per week
July 16, 2014
Creative and Interactive Media