Working with the staff of the Concerts Program, as part of the larger Department of Contemporary Art & MFA Programs, this position will support the planning, coordination and production of concerts in a variety of venues throughout the Museum. Intern candidates should be involved in a music industry or sound production related course of study. This internship will allow the student to gain experience with behind the scenes logistics of production and management of a public presentation.
The hours and days for this position are: Fri, Oct 9 (3-10:30pm); Fri, Dec 4 (3-10:30pm); Fri, Dec 18 (3-10:30pm); and Sat, Dec 19 ( 11am-6pm).
Participation at other musical events (including rehearsals for Vellumsound, our new resident ensemble) is encouraged whenever compatible with intern’s availability. (Class schedules that occasionally conflict with the variety of hours will not be considered a detriment to a candidate’s application.
- Day-of concert set-up and break-down of the PA as well as sound checks and performances
- General production support as needed
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
- Strong interest in sound industry, production and music
- Experience with, familiarity with, or desire to learn public programming or event planning
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a willingness to work hard
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated keen attention to detail and punctuality a must
- Successful experience in fast paced, customer service oriented environments
- Ability to lift equipment and gear (up to 50 pounds)
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn and grow
- Ability to excel whether working independently or collaboratively
- Ability to commit to: Fri, Oct 9 (3-10:30pm); Fri, Dec 4 (3-10:30pm); Fri, Dec 18 (3-10:30pm); and Sat, Dec 19 ( 11am-6pm)
- Email a single MS-Word document containing your cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ability to attend orientation on either Sat, Sept 26 (9:30am) or Wed, Oct 7 (10am or 6pm)
10.00 hours per week
Fri, Oct 9 (3-10:30 pm); Fri, Dec 4 (3-10:30 pm); Fri, Dec 18 (3-10:30 pm); and Sat, Dec 19 ( 11 am-6 pm)
February 3, 2015
Contemporary Art and MFA Programs