The Data Analyst will be responsible for transforming diverse data into integrated, actionable customer intelligence and strategy insights through hands-on techniques. This position will play a key role in advancing the organization to a data driven approach to solving problems and enable proactive consulting to internal business areas.
• Consult with internal stakeholders; for example, Database Marketing, Membership, and Program Management, to understand business opportunities and develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate audience growth, and repeat visitation.
• Collaborate with technical staff to identify/understand underlying data sources.
• Design, analyze, and build reports, dashboards, and analyses in Tableau, SQL, and SSRS.
• Leverage internal and external data sources to provide insights that will drive appropriate business actions based upon solid evidence in data.
• Perform deep dive analysis into customer segments, provide interpretations of data, and identify trends and opportunities.
• Prepare comprehensive summaries of analysis results, capturing data driven insights in a compelling manner and offering recommendations to drive strategy and shape business processes.
• BA/BS ideally in Economics, a quantitative social science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in a Data Analyst role.
• Highly motivated and able to work independently.
• Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
• Strong analytical and process modeling skills and ability to apply problem solving techniques to complex business scenarios.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills for presenting results of data analysis and statistical models to all levels within the organization.
• Demonstrated analytical skill, knowledge of statistics, and experience in manipulating, merging, and mining large and complex data sets from diverse sources.
• Strong computer skills including business intelligence and reporting software, including Tableau, SQL, and SSRS, as well as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint); familiarity with Tessitura a plus.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit your materials via postal mail to: Human Resources Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115.
35.00 hours per week
February 3, 2017