Reporting to the Director, Institutional Relations and Annual Philanthropy, the Director, Annual Programs oversees the Patron Program, the Museum Council, and the MFA Fund, including all aspects and activities related to the identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of these annual supporters. Working across all Museum departments, but especially with the senior development team, the leadership gift officers, Trustees and Overseers, and the steering committees for the Patron Program and Museum Council, the Director, Annual Programs is responsible for developing and implementing strategies for securing and increasing gifts of unrestricted annual operating support.
• Bachelor’s degree plus five to seven years in development with direct experience in annual fundraising programs, ideally at the upper levels of membership.
• Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills; proven success in a complex and fast-paced environment.
• Experience with volunteer management required.
• Strong writing skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituencies, especially donors, prospects and volunteers.
• Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into action.
• Ability to manage complex situations and multiple priorities; must handle confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
• Exceptional organization skills and a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks fluidly.
• Maturity, poise, initiative, and flexibility to work as a team player; collaborative work style essential.
• Willingness to work beyond normal working hours for events, meetings, or as otherwise required.
For consideration, please submit your letter of interest and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit your materials via postal mail to: Human Resources Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115.
35.00 hours per week
Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm; some nights / weekends required
May 20, 2016