The Museum Enterprise/Retail Operations unit operates the Museum’s award-winning book and gift shops as well as its online retail presence, offering beautiful and unique merchandise – much of which is inspired by objects in the Museum’s collection and exhibitions.
Interns will work directly with the buying staff in the Museum Enterprise department of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston assisting with all aspects of administration. Interns will gain a clear understanding of a basic retail environment from the planning and procurement of goods to the end sale.
- Order entry
- SKU and vendor creation and maintenance
- Filing and general administrative duties
- Analysis of current business trends
- Work on special projects associated with special exhibits and events at the stores, (i.e. Member’s Day)
- Occasional communication with store staff
- Enrollment in an undergraduate program
- Excellent computer skills, especially data-entry skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with and/or keen interest in retail operations
- Ability to commit to 15-20 hours per week for at least twelve weeks through mid December
- Email a single MS-Word or PDF document containing your cover letter & resume to: email@example.com
- Ability to attend orientation on Sat, Sept 17 (9:30 a.m. – 12 noon)
15.00 - 20.00 hours per week
To be determined; flexible within Mon-Fri, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
February 3, 2015
MFA Enterprise, Merchandising