The department of Exhibitions and Design oversees the Museum’s exhibition and display program. The MFA presents over 30 temporary special exhibitions per year, in a variety of gallery spaces. These projects vary in scale and production and are either organized by the MFA or is a participant in a touring exhibition.
Graphic design, under the guidance of the designers, encompasses creating and producing all exhibition and gallery graphics including labels, text panels, audio guide labels, photo blow-ups, timelines, and other graphics.
For the Graphic Design Internship, the department is seeking an undergraduate or graduate intern who can assist specifically with the graphics of exhibition and gallery design. Undergraduate or graduate students who major in graphic design and/or typography are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Assist with the creation and production of various graphic labels, panels, displays for gallery and/or public place display
- Assist the department with other administrative functions as necessary and directed
- Enrollment in and returning to an undergraduate graphic design/arts or typography program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive within a team environment while sometimes working independently
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated successful experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photo Shop, Illustrator and especially InDesign) is preferred
- Email a single MS-Word or PDF document containing your cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ability to attend orientation from 9:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on Tues, May 30, or Tues, June 13
- Ability to commit to 7-14 hours per week for twelve weeks, from approximately May 31 – August 12
7.00 - 14.00 hours per week
Flexible within Mon-Fri, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. parameters through mid August (No evening or weekend hours required or available.)
February 3, 2015
Exhibitions and Design