MFA Associates are volunteers supporting the Museum’s efforts to delight visitors, increase attendance, and retain membership. A new class of Associates is accepted every other year, by application as either a Guide or a Floral Designer. Guides lead weekday public tours of the Museum collections. Floral Designers create and maintain flower arrangements throughout the MFA. Both groups help staff the busy Sharf Visitor Center; work on special membership events; and organize the Museum’s annual spring celebration, Art in Bloom.
We currently are accepting applications to the Associates Class of 2022. Group information sessions covering all aspects of the Associates program will be held on:
- Wednesday, September 27, 1–2:30 pm
- Wednesday, September 27, 6:30–8 pm
*To RSVP to either session, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the session date and time in the subject line. Include your name, e-mail address, and telephone number in the e-mail.
Personal interviews will be scheduled in September.
Being a member of the MFA Associates is a greatly rewarding and challenging volunteer position. It is important for all prospective applicants to carefully read and fully understand the following requirements and qualifications for the program.
- Commitment to the MFA Associates four-year program which runs 12 months a year
- Attendance at Orientation sessions during the spring/summer of 2018
- Satisfactory completion of a four-month intensive training program (approximately 2 days per week) beginning in September 2018.
- Participation on an MFAA Standing Committee and at the Sharf Visitor Center (in addition to tour guiding or flower arranging duties)
- Involvement in preparation and staffing for Art in Bloom each spring
- Completion of the standard MFA Volunteer application
- Motivation to learn new information and skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work both independently and on teams
- Keen interest in serving Museum visitors
- A flexible schedule
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
For more information about the MFA Associates or to receive the supplementary MFAA application to the program, please e-mail MFA Associates Chair Roxanna Hurst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12.00 - 25.00 hours per week
August 10, 2017