Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Payroll Manager will have responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day processing of the Museum payroll.
This position will oversee and perform diversified duties involved in the successful processing, record keeping, reporting, maintenance and analysis of the Museum and Museum School’s payroll and benefits programs, following accepted Museum and Human Resources related policies and procedures. Will also provide leadership for a team-oriented environment requiring efficiency and continuous improvement.
• Responsible for training, supervising and working hand-in-hand with Payroll Administrators for accurate and timely processing of all phases of weekly and bi-weekly payrolls to meet specific deadlines.
• Review payroll for accuracy and perform all payroll account reconciliations each pay cycle.
• Distribution of pay check and vouchers.
• Check accuracy of tax deposits to IRS and Commonwealth of Mass on weekly basis.
• Verify and record all quarterly tax filings made by ADP, FIT (941’s) FUTA (940) and SUI taxes for year-end reconciliation.
• Annually mail W’2s and any withholding forms to employees and federal agencies.
• Work directly with ADP Payroll Account Representative for any and all maintenance to ADP payroll processing functions.
• Prepare yearly schedule to coordinate payroll dates for all deductions and reporting.
• Work with Director of Human Resources to develop and recommend changes to existing payroll processing methods to increase accuracy and efficiency within the payroll department; Perform bookkeeping, processing and analysis and follow-up duties to maintain the following benefit programs of the Museum in accordance with established procedure: TIAA-CREF pension plan, long/short term disability, T-Pass and parking deductions, worker’s compensation, all health and dental plans, and any other plan if added to compensation package.
• Maintain and record all IRS and Court ordered levies and support payments for payroll deduction. Submit check requests to Accounts Payable for payment.
• Oversee processing of monthly General Ledger accounts and related accruals to determine accuracy and also to meet closing deadlines before submission to Financial Department.
• Work closely with Financial Department on bank reconciliation of Payroll account and maintenance of accurate manual/void logs.
• Document vacation/sick/personal absences and monitor weekly absence reports for excessive time taken.
• Prepare carry forward report at year-end following established procedure.
• Prepare vacation payout and check at termination.
• Act as liaison between payroll and internal and outside audit groups.
• Prepare income/earnings reports using ADP Report Smith for various departments, including yearly Worker’s Compensation audit.
• Troubleshoot and solve problems related to payroll, working with employees, department managers and outside agencies.
• Have a good understanding of company policies and MISU and ATC Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Handle confidential data as part of daily responsibility.
• A minimum of 5 to 7 years of payroll management experience required.
• Experience with ADP PCPW and E Time (or a similar time and attendance system) a must.
• Expert knowledge of payroll and payroll tax rules and regulations.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.