As part of celebrating the renovation and re-opening of the State Street Corporation Fenway Entrance, this exhibition tells the story of the Museum's history, its architecture, and its vital role as a community resource and partner.

Rarely seen historic photographs, paintings, sculpture, archival documents, and architectural fragments bring the long and distinguished history of the MFA to life for a new generation. The exhibition, on view in the Lower Hemicycle, opens with the founding of the MFA in 1870 and documents the first Museum building in Copley Square, as well as the many expansions and renovations to the Museum's present home on Huntington Avenue, which opened in 1909. It also explores current and future building plans, including the transformative project underway now and the recent acquisition of the Forsyth Institute building.