Dear Members and Friends,
As we head into a new season, I am thrilled to share with you new Museum Council projects and activities at the MFA coming up this season, a special in gallery talk with Michelle Finamore, Curator of Fashion Arts, on the special exhibition Think Pink on February 27th, to a new collaboration with Massachusetts College of Art and Design to share with you the school’s MassArt Auction on April 10th – these programs and more await to help Council members explore the world of art at the MFA and beyond.
I’m pleased also to share with you an article about the Museum Council’s Artist in Residency Program Fund which is supporting two new contemporary projects this season. You can feel proud that in addition to annually supporting to the vitality of the MFA, you also play an active role in supporting projects with living artists. Curator Jen Mergel tells us more about these two exciting projects this article. I hope you can join us on March 19 for a special conversation with Jen and artist Amalia Pica just for Museum Council members.
It’s never too early to start thinking about warmer weather and summer, right? I hope you’ll mark your calendar for the Museum Council’s annual black tie fundraiser, The Summer Party on Saturday, June 7th. Tickets will be on sale soon and we hope to see all of you at this fabulous summer event!
Very truly yours,
Craig Tevolitz, Chair of the Museum Council Steering Committee
In This Issue:
- The Museum Council Artist in Residency Fund Supports Two Contemporary Projects This Winter
- Summer Party in style this June!
- Museum Council Member Highlights: Zongqi Xia, Tsugumi Maki Joiner, and Deborah Glasser
- Museum Council Survey: You Talked, We Listened (Fall 2013)
- Highligting Museum Council Members (Fall 2013)
- New Museum Council Staff: Three Questions with Allison Smith (Fall 2013)
- Thank You for a Great Season (Spring 2013)
- Travels to Art Basel Miami Beach (Spring 2013)
- New Museum Council Staff (Spring 2013)