Dear Members and Friends,
Welcome to a new season at the MFA! We hope you had a great summer and are excited to join us for a range of events this fall - from our upcoming exhibition preveiw and reception for Goya: Order and Disorder on Monday, October 6 to a Halloween Costume Party for family and friends on October 25 to our annual preview of the School of Museum of Fine Arts Art Sale on November 19. In the season ahead I hope you will find fun ways to connect with friends, learn, and see what's currently on view at the Museum.
It is also our great pleasure to share with you the Museum Council's commitment to participating in the MFA’s campaign, The Future is Now, with the creation of a new Museum Council Special Exhibition Fund. Our goal is to raise a minimum of $200,000 over the next two years for an endowment fund that will provide support for exhibitions at the MFA across a wide variety of mediums, content, and exhibition spaces – providing a tangible and exciting way to show our support for the Museum. Over the next two years, we invite you to learn more about the importance of special exhibitions to the mission of the MFA in a series of talks and conversations with Museum curators, registrars, educators, and designers. The first in this series will be held on Thursday, December 4 with Frederick Ilchman, Chair and Mrs. Russell W. Baker Curator of Paintings, Art of Europe, on "The Making of an Exhibition at the MFA: Goya."
With a new season comes a new Museum Council Steering Committee leadership team. We are pleased to announce the following appointments:
Fiona Benenson, Co-Vice Chair Museum Council Special Exhibition Fund
John O'Leary, Co-Vice Chair Museum Council Special Exhibition Fund
Ken Bonanno, Vice-Chair, Membership
Elizabeth Marcoulier Dunne, Vice-Chair, Events
Gina Morda, Vice-Chair, Development
Emi Winterer, Chair
On behalf of the new leadership team, we thank you for your continued support of the MFA.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Emi Winterer, Chair of the Museum Council Steering Committee
In This Issue:
- Meet the New Leadership of the Museum Council Steering Committee
- New Exhibitions This Fall at the MFA
- The Museum Council Artist in Residency Fund Supports Two Contemporary Projects This Winter (Winter-Spring 2014)
- Summer Party in style this June! (Winter-Spring 2014_
- Museum Council Member Highlights: Zongqi Xia, Tsugumi Maki Joiner, and Deborah Glasser (Winter-Spring 2014)
- Museum Council Survey: You Talked, We Listened (Fall 2013)
- Highligting Museum Council Members (Fall 2013)
- New Museum Council Staff: Three Questions with Allison Smith (Fall 2013)
- Thank You for a Great Season (Spring 2013)
- Travels to Art Basel Miami Beach (Spring 2013)
- New Museum Council Staff (Spring 2013)