The Information Technology Department is dedicated to the overall mission of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and supports the strategic plan of the MFA.
The IT Department supports about 1000 employees and volunteers from approximately 20 departments within the museum. This department provides a productive environment to our technology users, and facilitates the mission of the MFA through educational and access initiatives. We monitor, track, troubleshoot, and document any and all issues with MFA technology.
IT also manages a wide inventory of hardware, software, and related equipment. We value intelligence, resourcefulness, and diversity on our team.
This internship will allow the successful applicant to learn about the IT function in general, and the user support function in particular, within a large, multi-platform computing environment. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to: general work intake process – calls, email, and in-person, inventory and administration projects such as auditing user accounts, documenting knowledge, entering records into databases, editing IT policies and procedures, responding to general IT support needs, setting-up and/or covering A/V events, and other projects as needed.
• AD account audit (with help/ list from HR)
• Populate all relevant AD fields
• Weekly rotation of backup tapes (with Network staff troubleshooting any backup issues)
• Audit of server event logs (again with Network staff addressing any issues)
• User Account creation
• Assist with on-going inventory efforts
• Assist with efforts to clean up/ tidy up telco rooms here at MFA and SMFA that require attention
• Computer skills: PC, Windows Server AND Active Directory experience
• General knowledge of how spreadsheets and databases work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Commit to 10-12 hours per week ideally over 2 days per week through mid August
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to attend an orientation on either Tues, May 27 (9:30 am - 12 pm) or Tues, June 10 (9:30 am -12 pm)
To apply for this internship, please submit a cover letter and resume – combined into a single MS Word document – to: email@example.com (PDF’s will not be accepted.)