The Development department’s primary responsibility is to build lasting relationships with the many constituents of the Museum and to ensure that the necessary funds are raised to meet the short- and long-term objectives as established by the Board of Trustees and the administration. The department manages several annual programs that together provide important operating funds for the institution. The department also devotes significant resources to the cultivation, solicitation and recognition of individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies for operating, bricks and mortar, and endowment support.
The Development department seeks one or two part-time interns to assist with administrative and clerical duties and special projects as directed by the department assistants for Planned Giving and Gifts of Art as well as the executive assistant to the Deputy Director. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the daily operations of the Museum’s fundraising team. An interest in institutional fundraising and arts administration is preferable.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with mailings
• Maintaining files
• Data entry
• Assisting in the setup of special events
• Other projects as assigned
• Familiarity with Windows-based application software
• Discretion with confidential material
• Ability to work and thrive as part of a team and/or independently
• Attention to detail
• Excellent professional phone manner
• Ability to commit to 10-15 hours per week for at least three months through mid April
• Ability to attend orientation on either Wed, Jan 8 (10 am or 6 pm); Wed, Jan 22 (6 pm); or Wed, Feb 5 (10 am or 6 pm)