The Special Events Department is responsible for the planning of all events supporting the External Relations Division as well as special exhibition opening events. Additionally, the Special Events Department orchestrates mfafridays, coordinates the Museum's Employee Service Awards, serves as the liaison to the Devens Lecture Series committee, and supports the MFA Associates in the planning of Art in Bloom.
The Special Events Department is seeking a detail-oriented individual with an interest in event planning to assist the Special Events Department with a number of event related functions. The successful candidate will gain firsthand knowledge of the behind the scenes process of executing a host of events at a major cultural institution.
• Assist with invitation process (printing envelopes, stuffing invitations, record RSVP’s)
• Supporting the Stewardship and Events Team in the office and during events.
• Assigned duties will give the intern a variety of tasks that will expose them to the full scope of Development Events.
• Additional duties as assigned
• Attention to detail
• Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills
• Outgoing personality
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple projects
• Possesses high work motivation, commitment, follow through and initiative
• Some evening hours needed
• 8-10 hours a week (flexible schedule) through mid August
• Ability to attend orientation on either Tues, May 27 (9:30 am-12 pm) or Tues, June 10 (9:30 am-12 pm)