Members are vital to the health and growth of the MFA. The Membership Department’s goal is to engage members so that they continue their relationship with the Museum year after year. We strive to make each member a lifelong one by providing reasons to visit, benefits that make it easy to do so, and a welcoming environment they’ll want to return to time and time again.
There are many reasons for being a member, from providing financial support to having a personal interest in the arts, to simply wanting to receive free Museum admission and other benefits of membership. Whatever the reason—philanthropic, personal, or purely transactional—membership is a way for people to connect with the MFA.
Membership Volunteers assist with researching returned mail and keeping the membership database up to date by adding new address information and mail-flag suppressions.
• Contact members by phone and e-mail for updated addresses
• Update database addresses and add mail flags suppressions as needed
• Assist in ad hoc mailings
• Assist in other department projects as needed
• Demonstrated customer service experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented
• Strong computer skills (especially Microsoft Office suite)
• General knowledge of database management
• Experience and discretion in working with confidential information
• Ability to commit to one 3-hour shift per week (within Monday–Friday, 9 am– 5 pm parameters) for at least nine to twelve months